Forum: Blender

Subject: Third party add-ons, what are you using??

wolf359 opened this issue on Oct 02, 2020 ยท 26 posts

LuxXeon posted Mon, 05 October 2020 at 1:16 PM

wolf359 posted at 1:01PM Mon, 05 October 2020 - #4401011

I used to develop clothing content for the Daz genesis figures before my complete migration to the Reallusion/CC3 Eco system and as most clothing is more or less "organic" modeling ,I dont use/need the Hard ops tools for that type of content.

However for detailed props or entire environmental sets, the hard ops tools offer a tremendous advantage over the "vanilla" Blender modeling tool set in terms of speed & efficiency for keyboard based workflows.

In my particular case , having a content creation tool that also happens to have three render engines(Realtime EEVEE &,Cycles,Radeon pro for high quality path tracing) allows me to greatly simplify my pipeline & ignore any any concerns about matters like N-gons or any other procedural/application specific solutions.![GENESIis-1 SENIOR OFFICER UNIFIED ALTERNATE.png]

I agree... if the models are staying in Blender like they do in your workflow. However, there are a lot of people using Blender for content creation which will end up in other software packages like Daz or whatever. I actually use Blender now for most of my modeling for products that will end up on other marketplaces like CGTrader or Turbosquid. Most of the time, I need to convert the model for use in 3dsmax as well, because that's the format that sells best on those markets. Places like Turbosquid actually require all models to have quad topology if you participate in their CheckMate Certified program.

It all depends on where and how the end results will be used.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon