Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Poser 12 Cycles preview

ypvs opened this issue on Oct 28, 2020 ยท 84 posts

ghostship2 posted Thu, 29 October 2020 at 9:58 PM

qaz posted at 7:52PM Thu, 29 October 2020 - #4402459

Are early adopters going to be paying beta testers ? From what I can see Optix acceleration and adaptive sampling look quite cool in Blender and are pretty recent additions, with the problem that they need the latest Nvidia cards to work well. So it pointless showing how fast renders are on the latest hardware, when the average Poser user doesn't have that. The news update seems to be selling Superfly as if it is brand new, not 5 years old. And then we have this "The original implementation of SuperFly didn't include shadow catching and background transparency". But we've had background transparency in renders for years. They are not really selling this are they ? Perhaps some of you early adopters can show us how good these changes are.

Yes, I'll be getting it on Monday. Still need to keep P11 up so I can get work done in case 12 doesn't work straight away.I don't use shadow catching and I suspect that once people start using real room and background props instead of relying on a dome and stage floor then that feature will matter a lot less. There is an obsession that Poser users have that they feel they need to show the entire figure in every image they make even though you don't see this in movies.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740