Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: What's Happening at DAZ?

dbwalton opened this issue on Oct 23, 2020 ยท 76 posts

manleystanley posted Fri, 30 October 2020 at 7:36 AM

I got back in because of the multiple Emails I had from game alpha testing.

But ya, the demand for slut wear has always out stripped the demand for street wear. You can always tell what movie is in the top slot by the number of produces produced in that theme. When the pirates of the Caribbean was in, there was a new pirate outfit by some one every week or so. But just try to find a pair of bib overalls or a hunting jacket. Same thing every time a new star wars movie comes out. Thing is it is really too easy to make Studio content now. The app is set up to do a lot of it automatically. Practically anyone that wants to take a month or so to learn how to do it, can.

Yet try to find those geographed genitalia on DAZ.Or a fixed version for geneses so they can be used in carrara with out redoing the UVs. That is top of my list of gripes about DAZ. They tend to see only forward and never look back. So there is a very slim chance DAZ will fix broken content; or even remove it from the store knowing it's broke. The UVmapping on Genests male genitalia has been screwed up since it dropped. Never fixed and DAZ is still selling it in the big essentials pack. Hell of a note for the people that bought the bundle FOR the genitalia. Why fix 1 when 2 is up? Why fix 2 when 3 is up? DAZ once had a plug in up for 18 months knowing it was broken. Took multiple people getting refunds on it and threatening lawsuits for them to pull it. And the way it looks DAZ has not changed.

But DAZ wasn't always like this. At one time I conversed regular with the founders. DAZ bought out a company that then took over DAZ and both the founders ended up leaving; one starting his own content store and developing a competing figure. .Dawn https://hivewire3d.com/ Need to book mark that, 2 of my favorite content artists are there;Lisa's Botanicals, and Ken Gilliland.

I got banned because I am a carrarest not a Dazzy. And DAZ was [expleative} carrara hard at the time. My opinion DAZ bought carrara to get the IDK{?} for poser 5-7 and then when DAZ realized they couldn't strip any more out of carrara for Studio they abandoned it, as well as a few hundred customers that used carrara. DAZ did not see us as valued customers. Mostly because we could make or mod what we needed. Thing is I have 36 pages of DAZ content. Imagine what I'd have if DAZ hadn't have abandoned Carrara. And I wasn't the only carraest throwing money at DAZ.

Man, this is weird for me. I don't normally carry a grudge.