Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Poser 12 Cycles preview

ypvs opened this issue on Oct 28, 2020 ยท 84 posts

DustRider posted Sun, 01 November 2020 at 10:02 PM

Great renders!!

What really concerns me is I wonder who their target audience is? If it's people who want to make nice "realistic 3D" images of human figures (meaning images that look like true 3D, and make the potential user want to use the software), then the sample images I've seen so far don't seem to qualify. The excuse that the software developers can't make great images is a poor one, The developers need to understand what all the switches/button/node do and how that results in great shaders/lighting/renders. They may not be able to create artistic renders, but should be able to create great technical render. Besides they should have beta testers that can make great images to be used for product promotion (with credit of course). How can you test the integration of Cycles, and know if it's working well for the end user, if your beta testers can't create great art with it?

At a minimum, I would expect to see renders the quality of those above, or my samples below (and I'm no artist). This is just me personal opinion, but if they can't produce great promo figure renders of at least the quality of my examples, or those by Ghostship, then I begin to question who their intended audience is. It hope it certainly isn't me, as the samples I've seen so far are definitely not anything I'm interested in producing. Yes, I know Superfly can produce images. But if the software producer has no marketing focus on showing off the great images their software can produce, how many people will be interested in buying the software? Maybe with the release of Poser 12 they will release a bunch of awesome images produced with it. I certainly hope so, unfortunately for me though I've lost out on the lower cost upgrade because I didn't upgrade to 11 before the release of 12, simply because with the images they have released so far, I don't feel that their focus for developing the software is the same place I want to go.

Note: These images aren't to promote one software over another. I think Poser is capable of similar quality renders (and I'm not a great artist anyway). It's just to show the relative minimum quality promotional images I want to see for Poser. If the software owner can't, or isn't, willing to invest in the production of promotional materials of at least this quality, then I'm not willing to invest in their product, even if I think it is capable of similar quality.

Gallery Link Morning Coffee 2a.jpg

Gallery Link Zelara2 Xarina.jpg

Gallery Link Valissa3fix.jpg

Galley Link Madelyn2.jpg

Gallery Link Charlotte black chair bottom22.jpg

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......