Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Poser 12 Cycles preview

ypvs opened this issue on Oct 28, 2020 ยท 84 posts

DustRider posted Wed, 04 November 2020 at 2:32 PM

DustRider posted at 1:31PM Wed, 04 November 2020 - #4403290

jura11 posted at 12:47PM Wed, 04 November 2020 - #4403141

I still prefer do renders in Poser without the question,I use DAZ3D but only exporting G8 or G3 to Poser and render everything in Poser,I do own props or interiors and putting them here as freebies,I'm still not sure if its worth it to sell them etc

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

Really Outstanding work!! I honestly wonder why Bondaware/Rendo simply won't work with you, GhostShip, and others doing amazing things with Poser/Superfly to create their promos. There is some really inspiring work out there, but when the company that owns the software seems unable to produce outstanding work themselves, and unwilling to work with the artists that do to create their promotional art, it makes me wonder if they really understand what they are doing. Of course it may be that I'm not a part of their target demographic, so maybe it's just me expecting them to market Poser to me, when those interested in what I'm interested in aren't a part of their target demographic.

To be fair though, I did see one promo piece on the Poser 12 product purchase page that was rather nice, but it was only one image, and for a rather niche audience (more of a stylistic fantasy art, possibly heavily post worked). While a nice image, it's not what I'm looking for. You guys (and/or gals) are making the stuff that aligns more with what I'm interested in. So the obvious question for me, a potential customer who can't upgrade from Poser "10" Pro (need to buy Poser 12 at full retail), 1) do the development plans for Poser with the new owner align with my interests, 2) what/who is their target user demographic, 3) do they really understand their market, and the potential market well enough to lure new users to Poser and inspire old users who have move on to DS, CC3, Blender, et. to come back to Poser??? (Note: I find it interesting that I even have to wonder about Item 3, since I thought Rendo understood their user/customer base, that's one of the reasons I'm beginning to think they may be trying to take Poser in a different direction, one that mesh with my interests. I have no issues if this is the case, it's their software and should do what they feel is best for the software and it's future. But if this is the case, I don't want to invest in it only to find out it isn't going where I want to go.)

Thanks @sschneew !! It's good to know that they are using the most recent version of Cycles for Superfly. It shows that they are trying to keep up with the development of Cycles which is a really good thing.

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......