Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Does Poser 12 support Genesis 7/8/X models?

madmace29 opened this issue on Nov 02, 2020 ยท 73 posts

wolf359 posted Fri, 06 November 2020 at 7:56 AM

Oh, I know you can get the figures in there, but I've also seen in those posts where people get g3/g8 in Poser 11 (I think it was that version) that bending is not the same and many other issues. I meant an officially supported >way of using those figures in there pretty much as they would work in DS >(rigging, morphing, fitting clothes). Which Azath apparently >can't decide

I am glad to see someone else acknowledge this.

There is a subjective ,floating standard for what various people consider having 'Genesis support" in another program (outside of Daz studio)

However the reality is this:

Genesis is only truly Genesis while residing inside Daz studio with its massive amount of JCM/HD etc morph data being live streamed into the Daz studio viewport from your Daz Data folder.

Everything else is just an approximation ,some debatably better/worse than others.?

Here are three quick renders of the same Daz genesis G3 female in three different programs.

Iclone/CC3 uses shape projection to make an Iclone Avatar mimic the appearance of any Daz figure from Millenium 4 to G8 imported into CC3 via FBX from DS.

Fully,posable animatable and can change clothing,skin,hair after import because it not actually genesis but an Iclone realtime impostor.?

"Diffeomorphic" is a free Blender Add-on that imports any G1-G8 figure with high subD levels and really good auto conversion of Iray skins to Blender Shaders it is Fully posable in Blender with some limited post import morphing options and can be converted to a Blender native rig for animation with one button.

You poser users have the Willdial script method and FBX/.obj ( such as they are)

However no matter what method you choose

the REAL 100% functioning Genesis is only Available inside Daz studio.?

GIA 7 DS IRAY.jpg

My website

YouTube Channel