Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Does Poser 12 support Genesis 7/8/X models?

madmace29 opened this issue on Nov 02, 2020 ยท 73 posts

braefell posted Fri, 06 November 2020 at 1:55 PM

FWIW, and for others who might not know how to do this. I reproduced a scene with Gen 2 Male and ran through some shader experiments. In DAZ, export G2 Male, export jeans as conforming, export shoes as conforming. In P11, store character morphs and to a pose library. In P12, load G2. Apply stored pose. Load jeans and shoes, and confirm to figure. Copy morphs from G2 to jeans (wait for close to eternity for dialog to popup) and just select the morphs that apply to the lower body that are set on. (It would be nice to have a script help identify which morphs are set, to help with this process).

I used principled shader for skin and jeans, and for hair i used a 80/20 mix of principled hair shader /principled shader. Still tweaking here. Bump is too strong and I would prefer a little more specular for this scene. I am confused by SSS shaders and still looking for guidance here. Any pointers would be appreciated. I found one cycles tutorial with a complicated 3 SSS node setup representing the different layers of skin. In that tutorial he had an alpha map that affected the strength of SSS, and that worked well enough to paint a map for the ears to give them SSS strength.

The principled hair shader is producing strange reflection artifacts. It seems to be related to roughness, and requires more experimentation.

But... The point being it seems easy enough to be able to reproduce at least what I had. My next experiment is to work on a more complicated set of scenes with more complicated G2 bends. I can't stomach the DAZ interface enough to know what G2 bends/features I am missing using this workflow. I just like the variety of pre-built characters with easy customization morphs.

sidexside.jpg