Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Does Poser 12 support Genesis 7/8/X models?

madmace29 opened this issue on Nov 02, 2020 ยท 73 posts

MazinkaiserDX posted Fri, 06 November 2020 at 4:49 PM

wolf359 posted at 4:24PM Fri, 06 November 2020 - #4403595

I am glad to see someone else acknowledge this.

There is a subjective ,floating standard for what various people consider having 'Genesis support" in another program (outside of Daz studio)

However the reality is this:

Genesis is only truly Genesis while residing inside Daz studio with its massive amount of JCM/HD etc morph data being live streamed into the Daz studio viewport from your Daz Data folder.

Everything else is just an approximation ,some debatably better/worse than others.?

Here are three quick renders of the same Daz genesis G3 female in three different programs.

Iclone/CC3 uses shape projection to make an Iclone Avatar mimic the appearance of any Daz figure from Millenium 4 to G8 imported into CC3 via FBX from DS.

Fully,posable animatable and can change clothing,skin,hair after import because it not actually genesis but an Iclone realtime impostor.?

"Diffeomorphic" is a free Blender Add-on that imports any G1-G8 figure with high subD levels and really good auto conversion of Iray skins to Blender Shaders it is Fully posable in Blender with some limited post import morphing options and can be converted to a Blender native rig for animation with one button.

You poser users have the Willdial script method and FBX/.obj ( such as they are)

However no matter what method you choose

the REAL 100% functioning Genesis is only Available inside Daz studio.?

I'm actually in the middle of deciding if getting CC3/iClone7 or not xD

Want to get into animation and seems like a great pipeline to make animations and render them inside Daz. Would even consider rendering in iClone7 for the speed but so far I can't find if it's possible to get figures with geografts from Daz into iClone7 without issues.

CC3 is also looking pretty good with all the SkinGen Pro and so on, but I did find out it has zero compatibility with grafts, sadly, so I can't use any of the stuff I already own in Daz to shape characters in CC3.

Anyway, Poser 12's best bet most likely is to get a system similar to CC3 that allows it to create "copies" of whatever Genesis figure you want but remain a La Femme/L'Homme figure and dress them up with all the stuff used for Genesis too. I'll still keep an eye on Poser 12, but for now it seems like a pass (especially if I get the iClone animation pipeline xD)