Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Does Poser 12 support Genesis 7/8/X models?

madmace29 opened this issue on Nov 02, 2020 ยท 73 posts

BabaBozo posted Sun, 08 November 2020 at 10:35 AM

Ok, to each their own of course. Personally I think it's simpler, easier, and less confusing if each character is self contained.

If you wish, check out the Noname Doll. There's nothing confusing about it. It's a single folder, and everything you need is within that folder. I don't have to know anything else, find anything else, buy anything else, install anything else.

That said, I don't object to the method you prefer, so long as there is such a great wealth of Poser characters that we stop talking about DAZ.

As example, here are the new features of Poser 12.

Poser 12.0 will update several core technologies that have evolved significantly over the five years since the last major Poser release. This includes the Cycles (Superfly) render engine and the Python embedded scripting language.

New features will include:

What I'm suggesting is, forget about all this stuff that many users won't even understand.

Poser is about animating human characters. So job # 1 should be to load the program up with so many great characters that DAZ becomes irrelevant. People on the DAZ forum should be saying things like, "I'm just going to have to shell out the money for Poser because the characters are so much better." So long as Poser users are whining about an inability to use DAZ characters, Poser is in trouble.

1. DAZ is free. And it offers more popular content.

2. Poser costs money. And it offers less popular content.

(And, after you pay the money you don't actually own the software).

Until the above equation is substantially changed, people are going to keep chanting "Poser is dead" and vendors will keep bailing on Poser. That's a death spiral that will only end when Poser content is superior to DAZ content.

Forget about Python. Characters, characters, characters!