Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 12 Jump or Wait

thefixer opened this issue on Nov 04, 2020 ยท 64 posts

gsfcreator posted Wed, 11 November 2020 at 8:37 AM

Azath posted at 8:34AM Wed, 11 November 2020 - #4404188

gsfcreator posted at 6:42AM Wed, 11 November 2020 - #4404187

I was wondering if there are any changes that will make the move worth it, for someone who renders with Octane? from what I've been reading, I cannot tell. seems like some improvements for the rendering engine, which is irrelevant for me.

please let me know if you think otherwise, and why so.

From the basic aspect if you are owner of Previous Poser versions there is actually no good reasons to Update as for the moment there is not a gain , It rather might cause if you are a big collector having to update allot of assets to get em to work right. then it depends on what graphic card you are running. The question if you use Pytons is , if and when are these going to be updated, will you have to buy em again? How could you legally access an update as allot of these came from RDNA and CP ?

as for a new Poser user there is no workaround they have to get Poser 12 if there interested learning to render with it and learn how to use it . these depend on it as every Previous version is removed from the Market . For them a take it or leave it .

but at the moment if you prefer Rendering and make art without a huge fix it is better to stick on the old version until Rendo shuts it totally down :)

exactly my thoughts :). and I don't know if it's legal for them to "shut it down". I've just purchased 2 extra licenses for poser pro 11 not long ago, and those licenses are supposed to be perpetual. so...they can choose to stop updating it - but shutting it down = they'll have to pay the buyers their money back.

if it's not broken - don't fix it (Actually I had high hopes that rendo will get to work together with DAZ like it was in the past, and get us the new G3 and G8 figures. that would be a reason enough for me to upgrade. and I trust that I'm not alone).