Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What Do You Want in a Poser Figure?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Nov 16, 2020 ยท 19 posts

JoePublic posted Tue, 17 November 2020 at 9:55 AM

I still think that the 3rd Generation were the epitome of Poser figures. (although noone could "muscle up" just as good with just as few polygons as Michael 2)

Just for laughs, here's Michael 2 vs the original Stephanie 1. Yes, they are the same mesh:

M2-Freak-vs Stephanie-1.jpg

But the 3rd Gen "Unimesh" took that idea even further: Here are some of the "real life" sculptings I devoleped based on it. A partially weightmapped SP3 in the middle and the others are based on my weightmapped Vicky 3

SP3-Groupshot-1.jpg

I remember I was quite dissapointed with V4/M4, as they weren't originally rigged for Poser but with Studio in mind. So their Poser rigging could have been a lot better. Their meshes were also a lot less detailed than those of the 3rd Gen Family because DAZ wanted their figures to become more "game-friendly".

So as a Poser-only user, in my eyes they were an unecessary compromise.

But they were still solid meshes and once I threw out all the legacy rigging and weightmapped them, I'm quite fond of them: Michael 4 17K WM

Unfortunately I never finished weightmapping SP3, but did David 3 instead: David 3 WM

Mostly to proof those people wrong who claimed that weightmapping a standard resolution figure with elaborate mesh topology would be impossible. Or at least very, very hard.

Anyway, that's the type of figure I find the most easiest to use and to be the most "accessible" in Poser and which give me the most realistic results despite my less-than-stellar equipment.