Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 12 Jump or Wait

thefixer opened this issue on Nov 04, 2020 ยท 64 posts

HartyBart posted Wed, 18 November 2020 at 2:42 AM

Well there's really two questions for two groups here.

1. Existing experienced users. Personally I might get the upgrade when the big December release happens, as a Poser 11 user. I like the faster SuperFly rendering, and Sunday's webinar was also interesting for showing how to set up the PBR (Substance Designer etc) materials that have been enabled by the new version of Cycles/SuperFly. I would expect the December release to ship with a number of fixed Python scripts from partners, judging by what was said in the webinar. I have a major unreleased script I need to check in Poser 12, so that may push me to jump in December. I'd be even more keen to jump if there were some improvements in non-photoreal, such as Comic Book and Sketch, and if the SuperFly materials problems have been solved.

2). New users. Poser 11 is no longer sold by Renderosity (though for the next two days NeoWin Deals is happy to sell you a Bondware Poser 11 Pro licence for $80) and as it stands I'd be very wary of recommending Poser 12 Early Access to newbies - until we see what sort of fixed public Poser 12 ships sometime in December as announced. Even then I might advise newbies to hold off until the first big patch, which I would expect toward the end of January 2021.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.