Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Geo - graphing in poser ?

bluto opened this issue on Nov 19, 2020 ยท 12 posts

Ken1171_Designs posted Wed, 02 December 2020 at 3:55 PM

Poser has indeed supported swapping body parts geometry as far as version 3 (or 4?), where I have used and abused this feature in my renders for years. However, geo-grafting is a whole different story, where the replacing geometry is actually welded to the mesh at vertex level, which temporarily changes the figure geometry and vertex count while preserving weight maps and morphs. The obvious advantage is a seamless integration with the figure that can survive even subdivision. Conforming alternatives are not seamless, and in some cases that can be an issue in renders and animations. We can try easing that up with transparency maps, but that can be a hit or miss depending on the case. If the figure is wearing clothes and has hair, things like tails and horns don't need to be seamless.

However, I was commissioned several times to create a geo-grafted replacement for the ball of the feet on Genesis 3 and 8 figures, where the low poly geometry and simplified topology have compromised feet posing on that area, creating ridges that look bad in renders. This can only be done with geo-grafting, and lucky me, those are DS figures where the feature is available.

I would love for Poser to have this feature, but Rendo has other things that have higher priority at the moment, so (IMHO) this is not the best time to ask for it.

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!