Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser History

JasonGalterio opened this issue on Jan 04, 2021 ยท 36 posts

ratscloset posted Tue, 05 January 2021 at 10:32 PM

Oh you young whipper snappers....

Before Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft sucked you into Console Game Systems to play Graphic Games, we used our Desktop Systems. Who here remembers Babbages and the other Computer Gaming Stores of the day. Shoot, Best Buy and Circuit City were hot beds for games through out the 90's for Home PCs. Back then most Video Cards came with at least one game and if you chose the right components you might score a couple more.

I used to go and check out the latest releases once a month and think about buying, though I limited myself to one a year in most cases. Friends would swap games after they ran the course or you could pick them up cheap at Yard Sales.

When Windows 95 was released there were even more games... Windows 98 Microsoft even tried to make the OS like a Game (who remembers Home... Hate to admit it, but I thought it was fun... loved messing with that resource hog!)

I stopped playing games until my kids were older during the early years of consoles. Still have my Wii and my kids still play that. Bought an XBox with the 360 Camera for Poser testing. The only one I do not have is a PlayStation and the newer Nintendos. My original XBox gave up the ghost, so I now only have the Wii and an XBox One.

ratscloset
aka John