Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Superfly meshlight modification for Urban Future 2

seachnasaigh opened this issue on Dec 24, 2020 ยท 13 posts

seachnasaigh posted Fri, 08 January 2021 at 5:03 AM

Thanks, @SamTherapy :D Yeh, the low res dolls (Lorenzo and Loretta) are only there to provide scale and some context; their fingers are square cross-section! :P Having a doll in the scene is how I noticed that the building3 apartment's floor was too low to allow for looking out at the city.

@yarp, I will hopefully find time to pack up the furnishings separately. Most were originally made in situ for other sets (several from the Atlantis gate room, the mugs from TinkerBell's Drive-In Cafe'), and I made new prop files so that they now load at 0/0/0.

I've loaded Urban Future 3 (306,798 polys!) into Silo, and see that the buildings' bottoms are at greatly differing Y levels, so that using a flat ground plane would either partially bury some buildings, or leave some buildings hanging in mid-air. I think Stonemason had in mind only camera shots up higher, where you wouldn't see the ground. I'm working on a terrain fitted to the buildings; in this Silo screenshot you can see two road tunnel entrances (Silo guy shown for scale). The tunnels will have interior lighting.

UF3 ground screenshot 1.jpg

In this shot, I had to keep the ground at the base of the buildings at left and right high because that's where the bottom of their mesh stops, but I didn't want to bury four stories of the background building. That building has just blank wall at the bottom, so to give a reason for the drop-away terrain, I overlaid a garage door onto it.

UF3 ground screenshot 2.jpg

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5