Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Black Panther

rokket opened this issue on Oct 11, 2020 ยท 411 posts

rokket posted Tue, 09 February 2021 at 5:27 PM

Miss B posted at 5:23PM Tue, 09 February 2021 - #4412399

OK, in Blender I always "mark seams" so I get separate pieces. For this jumpsuit, I would suggest marking seams at the shoulders so the sleeves are separate pieces, and again at the top of the thighs, so the legs are separate. Give me a little time, and I'll show you what I'm talking about.

Marking the seams is exactly what I did. Every program I have ever used to create UV maps requires that, or you will get less that desirable results. I mark around the neck and the openings of the sleeves and legs too. I had to fix the model a few times because Blender's UV mapping isn't very forgiving of bad topology. That area of the crotch you were talking about is bad subdivision in Wings 3D, and I didn't notice it until you mentioned it. I had created this body suit for Roxy way back when she first came out, and I hadn't been modeling with topology in mind at that point. I didn't UV map it, and I figured that since I wasn't going to use it for anything, it would be a good model to practice with in Blender.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.