Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Free version of Poser a benefit to vendors?

davo opened this issue on Apr 21, 2021 ยท 98 posts

Y-Phil posted Thu, 22 April 2021 at 2:04 AM Online Now!

Wow... a very good question and... what's following next is the same talk I've seen since daz studio exists, 10 years? 15 years?

I've tested daz v1, and I gave up. I've tested their last version: 1 g8 + 1rpublishing scene + 1 infinity light = 1 hour + 1 crash, everythin freshly installed. DS has good ideas. The fact that their v1 was poor and lacking of a useability was 100% normal. But after all these years, I constantly see DS users angry or disappointed by a modern version still full of bugs, not to speak of the poor usage of any nvidia cards.

Free software? yes, as an entry point. Comparable to poser? not, till you have bought all the addons to make it comparable from the tools point of view. And still not comparable from the stability and crash points of view.

G8 is great, it's even awesome, technically. but daz doesn't want you to go to far from their business: I've seen numerous daz users complaining about really usefull export addons that doesn't work correctly, and still not corrected. I've managed to import a G8 in poser: it looks good, but we loose the subd, because... well because daz doesn't want you to export the result of the subd operation.

Different companies, different marketing strategies, different ways to dive in the 3D world: a choice to do, and by all means stop comparing what is not comparable. I'm somewhat tired to read these constant complains about poser...

One huge outsider could wipe this war out with the back of the hand: Blender: free and really powerful. Luckily for both companies, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Don't forget: The Studio: still needs correction for recurring bugs, lacks of stability and speed for rendering, hold by a company which seems to focus on... something else, more crypto-what-ever...

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟ Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Poser 13 and soon 14 โค๏ธ