Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Free version of Poser a benefit to vendors?

davo opened this issue on Apr 21, 2021 ยท 98 posts

EClark1894 posted Fri, 23 April 2021 at 11:20 PM

davo posted at 11:09PM Fri, 23 April 2021 - #4417429

It is hard nowadays to lure people in with paid software while the other company offers a competitive product for free.

You got that right. Poser is also pretty useless without content. There is so much affordable content at Renderosity and I think the V4/M4 figures are still pretty heavily used and I know there is a ton of affordable content here for them. This would be a boon for vendors, especially Poser vendors.

Honestly, the lines are pretty much drawn by now as to who the users are. I don't like Genesis or Studio for that matter and would prefer to use to Poser. For that matter, I'd rather use Blender if I had to choose free software, so in my eyes, at least, there's little benefit in giving out a free version of Poser. Poser's saving grace would be in ultimately differentiating itself from Studio so much that people would prefer it over Studio, not becoming a carbon copy of it's competitor. Renderosity on the other hand, has a different problem. It has to decide which side of the bread it's butter is on. That means selling less stuff for Studio and concentrating more on Poser features and Poser content.