Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Free version of Poser a benefit to vendors?

davo opened this issue on Apr 21, 2021 ยท 98 posts

Azath posted Sat, 24 April 2021 at 5:36 AM

I have to give Davo Right ... If Poser would be free ( Like it was already proposed many times ) at least the Poser 11 versions down it would sure in first hand attract customers and users. they would download and install it on there machine, this would be the first Act. then they would start to use it, causing them to look for content this is the second Act. The third would be that it would generate new Customers, new Collectors, new Creators. Not that they have to be the old ones coming back I mean New ones.

The big difference between Rendo Bondware and others like Daz ... Blender... IClone... Metahuman is that " Renderosity is just a Broker just selling what they get from Creators for a Fee " all others have Developers teams on their Loan list that Provide own 3D content to Improve there Software. Se Daz they develop since Decades new Base Figures. Renderosity Lived and kept them selves alive with these Content Developers. So concerning LA and LM there would be a long way to go to have success without a experienced 3D Developer Team. In Fact Renderosity is and will remain just a Brokerage!

So what Davo was mentioning sure would be the best solution to have Poser for free as if Renderosity does not want to have a development section for 3Dthey will need to attract new Creators that are willing to offer New content for Poser.

Btw : Even Smith Micro had there Content Developers Providing a whole bunch of New Figures that came along with new Poser releases, What I am saying is Rendo just took stuff offered by there Sellers to add as Free offer into there new release so actually not a official Part of there New release. Just aother Brokerage.