Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Free version of Poser a benefit to vendors?

davo opened this issue on Apr 21, 2021 ยท 98 posts

Y-Phil posted Sat, 24 April 2021 at 3:58 PM Online Now!

There is something that I really don't understand... But please, see no aggressiveness on my part

Poser is dead, or dying... Ok, and now? Why are you all still here debating that fact?

I'm 61, and my everyday job keeps me occupied nearly 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, and on week-ends I have a lot to do far from my computer. Poser is fine for me: it's a hobby, and it works without crashing every 2 or 3 hours such as daz. Actually, the Daz company has enough ressources and financial power to make a perfect The Studio program, but 10 years after, their V4.xxxxxxxx is still making angry a lot of people, as they seem more interested in crypto-what-ever-stuff

Their G8 family looks awesome, indeed, but Daz refuses that the simple users we are to export a decently subD-ed character. Their choice? ok, I respect, and I'm staying away of their world... Especially since any Vic4 ported to Saha-16 bends perfectly. Furthermore, I have enough clothes, hairs, etc... and there are enough vendors creating items for both worlds.

All this is perfect for me, as it's a hobby. Of course I'm not a professional. And that's the reason why I will not invest time in Blender, and I will not invest a single cent in the professional programs that have been cited above. They are not for customers like me.

Someone explained that the younger generation are really tech savvy. Yes. And they are often in a hurry. Learning Blender? it comes a long time after they have been disappointed by Daz or Poser. and not everybody has the money to invest in iClone, and whatever. And even more after a "covid year" that has put a strong end to a world that was running faster and faster in a dead-end

Let me repeat it: I respect the needs of the professionals. Really. But we have inherited of a world in which the lifespan of the products sold is shorter and shorter. Something must be changed, in depth. Our economic model has lived, and is dying because of a really small virus.

I don't know where all this will push us all, but one thing is sure: if Poser dies, this will be the end of the 3D world for me, and for many people, from what I'm gessing thourgh what I can read on social medias. Oh... we are a really small market, and it doesn't matter?

Fine. So, no need to repeat what I read about Poser dying, since Daz has decided to follow a new, incompatible way, with their Genesis family, 10 years ago. And Poser is still there, dying.

Take care of you.

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟ Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Poser 13 and soon 14 โค๏ธ