Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Free version of Poser a benefit to vendors?

davo opened this issue on Apr 21, 2021 ยท 98 posts

wolf359 posted Sat, 24 April 2021 at 5:11 PM

I laid out my thinking of what their biggest flaw seems to >be. They develop a feature up to a point then it seems >they lose interest in developing it any further. Look at >Studio. Except for the figure, Poser had each of Studio's >features first, but they stalled. Poser's done some minor >tinkering around the edges, but Studio has literally blown >past them with every feature. Yeah, I still think that if >Poser would fix and IMPROVE it;s feature sets, they'd >recapture some of users they lost to Studio. If they could >figure out a way to make Genesis work natively in Poser >so much the better,

I do not see why you believe any DS user, who left poser, would pay bondware to return to poser and abandon all of his IRay materials & other DS specific based content/ plugins .

I never predicted that everyone would leave poser for DS or Iclone.

You people seem to think there is some static number of users and the only way to "win" is to steal them from another application in a zero sum game.

That is not how market growth works you grow by gaining new users annually. This is where poser is way the behind competition even in its price range.

The Poser software does not have to "Die" completely to become irrelevant as long as some company is willing to keep it available on full life support, as Daz does with vestigial relics such as Bryce ,Carrara& Hexgon.

My website

YouTube Channel