Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Free version of Poser a benefit to vendors?

davo opened this issue on Apr 21, 2021 ยท 98 posts

wolf359 posted Sun, 25 April 2021 at 5:13 PM

The entire premise of this thread is that the average $200 cost of Poser 12 is what is keeping vendors from developing for poser.

I disagree that $200 dollars is the reason.

I think the reason is the lack of a cloth rigging system that is as easy as the one in Daz studio or the $200 Reallusion CC3Pipeline.

I think the reason is the that people look at their options and they see a choice either support 15+ year old Daz Figures(V4/M4) or LF&LH which many people have not embraced having chosen to cling to those tired 15+ year old Daz figures instead.

After all, you folk seem to think Poser users aren't

looking for more than, or are capable of; anything other

than load, pose, render.

Yet whenever there is a discussion about how the poser feature sets have fallen behind Daz studio or Iclone. in competitive areas such as Character animation etc, there is an immediate chorus of people who assert that they are just hobby makers who Click/load/render still art and do not need "all of that fancy stuff" in poser.

As an animator (and former Renderosity merchant) who is planning to start vending animation products again, I see very little potential for ROI in making bespoke motion files for any poser native figure when the users say they dont care about "fancy stuff" like Character animation

I Will be supporting the G8 female with native Daz studio formats but plan to sell them here in the RMP as I refuse to partner with Daz inc. for business reasons

If Poser users are only going to >buy your products and

then load pose and render; the >only reason for Poser to

exist is to sell your assets. That >sounds a lot like DS to

me.

Well looking at it from a non tribal, unemotional business perspective that is the only reason any brokerage exists ..yes??

Do you really believe that every person who sells at app at the Apple store is a "true believer" in Apple inc and all that they do/stand for or uses a Mac at home & work for everything.

For many it's $$just business$$ welcome to Capitalism

My website

YouTube Channel