Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Free version of Poser a benefit to vendors?

davo opened this issue on Apr 21, 2021 ยท 98 posts

parkdalegardener posted Mon, 26 April 2021 at 5:25 AM

Wolf all I am saying is pretty much what you are putting forth without any "tribalism" involved. I did not, nor will I; wax on about how one system is better than another unlike yourself. I simply made the point that the cost of the software for the vendor should not be the deciding factor as to weather or not they make product. That is in response to the thread header question.

There was no discussion of characters or app features by me. I strictly stuck to the premise of the thread as to weather or not a free version of the software would be a benefit for vendors. My statement is that if you are not capable of making a lousy $200 as a vendor using a particular piece of software then you might want to try another software to make money with. I never spouted the benefits or faults of any software, other than the Poser demo is unrestricted; unlike almost every other piece of software on the market. iClone included Wolf.

I don't get the "true believer" stuff and couldn't care less who you will make product for in some foggy future. Read what is posted. I understand Capitalism very well. I too was a vendor here and elsewhere. I moved up the foodchain and no longer need to make my income from hobbyists. I get paid quite well to produce assets and totally understand brokerage fees. As I've stated above; If you are good enough the brokerage (studio, production house, ect.) will come to you same as they came to me. Isn't that why you post your website and IMDB listing in your sig.? True believer hoping to be discovered.

If this is a DAZ/Bondware bashing thread I am not interested in discussion. That goes for Apple vs PC or any other my way is better than your way type of discussion. I am fully capable of sticking to the subject without the Us vs Them diatripe that many folk in this thread consider civil debate. I stick to the subject. Try to do the same in the future if you wish to elict a response from me. I won't be drawn into foolishness.