Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Free version of Poser a benefit to vendors?

davo opened this issue on Apr 21, 2021 ยท 98 posts

wolf359 posted Mon, 26 April 2021 at 12:59 PM

Wolf all I am saying is pretty much what you are putting

forth without any "tribalism" involved. I did not, nor will

I; wax on about how one system is better than another

unlike yourself.

We agree that $200 is NOT a burdensome cost of entry for a potential poser vendor or even a hobbiest end user IMHO.

However if we tell Davo that making poser free is not a

solution for getting more vendor support we have to have an intellectually honest conversation about why even a free version of poser is not an attractive proposition for a content creator.

There was no discussion of characters or app features by

me. I strictly stuck to the premise of the thread as to

weather or not a free version of the software would be a

benefit for vendors. ....... I never spouted the benefits or

faults of any software.

Of course you did not like many here, the subject of posers current standing,viability ( in this market space) can only be discussed in a vacuum where any comparison its next nearest competitors is taboo for some odd reason.

As I've stated above; If you are good enough the

brokerage (studio, production house, ect.) will come to

you same as they came to me. Isn't that why you post

your website and IMDB listing in your sig.? True believer

hoping to be discovered.

Wrong ..not a" true believer" in anything except my Religon where "true belief" belongs.

Oh and Retired &occasionally freelance to keep the old brain active certainly not looking to be "discovered" by any"industry"... LOL!!

For software I am a cold hearted pragmatist. used Maxon C4D for over Decade, even made a feature

length marvel Fan film with C4D/Poser/Daz studio and Iclone.

Dispassionately Dumped C4D when maxon Went Subscription(or punitively priced perpetual),

when Blender actually became usable (2.8& beyond) Now primarily a Blender user with Reallusion as the humanoid figure resource.

My website

YouTube Channel