Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Free version of Poser a benefit to vendors?

davo opened this issue on Apr 21, 2021 ยท 98 posts

Summoner-Creations posted Tue, 27 April 2021 at 5:24 AM

Actually simple, Most people that had Poser 11.1 from smith micro and I mean over 50% of the users might of just reactivated Poser 11.1 after the forced shutdown of there permanent licenses. People do not just let someone take away what they been paying for. Also mainly because Version 11.2 already shows a Downgrade of the Programm, due the version number change most Pyton addons Purchased do not work any longer in Version 11.2

People are not plain stupid so Majority just used a Offline activation on Poser 11.1 to maintain what they Payed for ( Actually just a simple Google search ) I guess this prevented a collective sue of expropriation against Bondware and Smith Micro

Allot others from whom I have contact, even that they hated Daz Studio, started using it and now buy exclusive DS Products as there older Poser products also work in Daz Studio. the rather smaller Part took the Downgrade option of 11.2

But lets stay Optimistic , as I still create exclusive Poser products, so that poser might grow a little again over the next years, else I will just end up making stuff for my self as no one else will have interests in these antiques :)