Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: One glass shader to rule them all

3D-Mobster opened this issue on May 07, 2021 ยท 60 posts

3D-Mobster posted Fri, 07 May 2021 at 2:25 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions, have tried to compare three different ones I could find. This is turning into some study of wine glasses :D

1. Is the one that Adp001 suggested and the setup can be seen above.
  2. Is mine, is slightly altered later on so will post the new one in the end.
  3. Is one I found through the internet from a former post. Which uses this setup:

3_setup.jpg

So the initial render looks like this.

Wine-glass_1.jpg

So they give slightly different results. Next I tried to render them on a white background to see how they would react, and given Im not a 100% sure how they are suppose to look, I don't think any of them look particular as one would expect, there are good and bad things about each of them I think.

Wine-glass_2.jpg

At this point I tried to mix (2) with (3) which looked like this.

Wine-glass_3.jpg

And eventually a new render looked like this.

Wine-glass_4.jpg

And again I like certain things about all of them, I like the clarity of nr 1, but something is off with the glass, that makes it look more like what you would expect from a glass sphere like this

Sphere.jpg

But also you would expect to be able to look inside the glass and see the bottom, which doesn't really seem to be the case, so maybe its to reflective or something? This is an image of some real wine glass.

wineglassREF.jpg

Nr 3, I think looks a bit to metallic especially the foot. Whereas in nr 2, I would like to get some of clarity from the foot of nr 1. So its a mixed bag of some from all of them :D

Here is the final material setup from mine with it being mixed between 2 and 3.

Final.jpg

So what do people think, which one do you like the most and can we improve them even more?