Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Am I pushing Poser too far?

Devon opened this issue on Oct 22, 2001 ยท 21 posts

Devon posted Wed, 24 October 2001 at 10:40 PM

Windows 98SE will only allow you to use 64MB of RAM...it will also only allow you to run at 800MHZ....no matter what your computer tells you. Windows 98 was made before 1998. Remember back then how fast computers were? Nobody designed Windows 98 to run as fast as computers today because they didn't figure it to be needed for anything faster. By the time computers get caught up to speed they knew they would have a new OS out by them. That what Windows XP is supposed to be for NOW. Problem is will our programs run on it. I'd hate to take the chance but I might have now choice. I just want to figure out why all of a sudden I can't render my Poser figures now with Props or even figures by themselves since adding these upgrade patches. I have been finding out for other fellow Poser members that one of the underlying difficulites is the new Characters Vicky and Michael. Not the characters themselves but the large detailed texture maps that we are all gettting for them. They simply are not always rendering properly. This is where my first hang ups were coming from. DEVON I'm going to get to the bottom of this if it kills me. More patches please