Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Am I pushing Poser too far?

Devon opened this issue on Oct 22, 2001 ยท 21 posts

Devon posted Wed, 24 October 2001 at 10:45 PM

This is an exceprt from an e-mail from a good friend of mine about his Poser Pro Pack problems: I've had the same problems with Windows ME (and I'm telling you that ME is short for Multiple Errors). It happens to me mostly while I try to multi-task during renders. Since then, I've learned to quit all programs other than Poser and leave the computer alone until it's done rendering. I've run across crashing sometimes with huge renders or more than 5 lights or the Vickie2 HiRes map-- I created a lower Res version that corrects the crashing. I have a 85mb .pz3 on my HD that renders okay but takes a while. I have a 1gig pentium, 512mem, 64mem ATI Radeon. I might be going back to 98SE because I get video/sound crashes and network weirdness in ME. For a while, I used a 98SE/WIN2000 dual boot setup. Poser, Vue and most 3D programs are much more stable in WIN2000. I thought about XP but don't like Microsoft licensing changes for it but there's some compatibility issues with some older programs and hardware.