Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why don't you like Superfly?

3D-Mobster opened this issue on May 02, 2021 ยท 227 posts

randym77 posted Wed, 19 May 2021 at 7:04 AM

3D-Mobster posted at 6:49AM Wed, 19 May 2021 - #4419499

However Poser 12 have access or uses different nodes than Poser 11 does. And when Poser 13 comes out at some point I can only imagine that it will be even worse, because obviously users of Poser 12 want to make use of the benefits with their version and so does potential users of 13, but for vendors to make content for as many users as possible, it makes sense to make them for lowest possible version of Poser :D

I think this a major factor holding Superfly back. It's seen as not finished yet. Vendors and users are hesitant to commit, because Poser 13 (or even the next update of Poser 12) might break the shaders that used to work. You have the early adopters who are excited about a new toy, but most users don't want to learn a whole new system when it might go away with the next update.

Someone updating Snarly's scripts to work in Poser 12 would be a big help. Even if you know what you're doing, adjusting shaders for an entire human figure is a pain in the butt. If you don't, forget about it.

I do think they may have released Poser 12 too soon. They probably needed the money, but for most users, it's probably not worth it to upgrade, and I suspect it's kind of made a mess of the content market.

Not sure about your marketing plan, though. It sounds like that would leave them in turf war with DAZ, and I don't think they'll win.