Forum: Carrara

Subject: Carrara issues need Carrara solutions and not DAZ studio workarounds

WendyLuvsCatz opened this issue on May 20, 2021 ยท 11 posts

ProPose001 posted Thu, 20 May 2021 at 11:37 PM

Torquinox posted at 11:12PM Thu, 20 May 2021 - #4419575

Daz doesn't care about Carrara. Even if they did, I doubt they could fix it. I'm not even sure they can keep DS going or manage their own store. It looks pretty bad right now, with new bundles full of old products and so forth. I'm hoping they can pull it together.

I think you hit the nail on the head, and I too think They don't know how to fix it. It would probably take a complete re-write, to bring it up to date, and I don't think they have anyone that speaks Carrara, or Hexagon for that matter. I'm sure they care though, otherwise why hold on to a piece to software that isn't generating income. I feel that Daz's ship is sinking. They used to dominate the "Character making engine" which was what made them a hot commodity, but that is changing fast. There is more and more competition, which are as good as the Genesis line, Reallusion with Character Creator, Unreal now has a Figure Generation and I'm sure there are others. And of course there is Poser, the grand-daddy of them all. As far as the rest of the stuff Daz sells, well there is a growing source for all kinds of content, that works in all kinds of software, including Carrara, but I don't hear of anyone knocking themselves out in creating .dufs.