Forum: Blender

Subject: Blender 2.93 LTS Has Been Released!

Miss B opened this issue on Jun 04, 2021 ยท 51 posts

Miss B posted Sat, 05 June 2021 at 12:52 PM

LuxXeon posted at 12:47PM Sat, 05 June 2021 - #4420582

Miss B, yes. I highly recommend going with the latest LTS (2.93) version before any other at this point. There's no sense in learning the 2.8x series now if you haven't tried it yet. Just go for the 2.93 version. The LTS also means you will have the most stable selection of plugins and addons compared to the alpha or experimental versions, and the most up-to-date tools aside from the experimental stuff. I stuck with 2.83 LTS for the last year for that very reason, but now I'll make the permanent move to 2.93 LTS and migrate all my add-ons there.

I play around with the experimental stuff, but when I create products, I always do it with the LTS versions.

Thanks Lux and Lobo for your recommendations about going with 2.93 LTS. I know it makes sense to go with the LTS version, it's just my resistance to going with the new UI setup that's been holding me off of updating. I'll have to install it and play around in it to get used to the new interface. I did that once before years ago when Blender went from 2.4x to 2.5x. That was a huge change in interface as well, but was much needed. I keep feeling the 2.8/2.9 interface is more for making it easier for n00bs to get around in the software than 2.7x did.

I'll let you guys know when I finally get around to playing in it, as I may have questions, especially about what I can't easily find. 😉

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz