Forum: Blender

Subject: Blender 2.93 LTS Has Been Released!

Miss B opened this issue on Jun 04, 2021 ยท 51 posts

LuxXeon posted Wed, 09 June 2021 at 1:17 PM

wolf359 posted at 1:09PM Wed, 09 June 2021 - #4420900

Boni posted at 6:13PM Tue, 08 June 2021 - #4420803

My approach is to learn what I need specifically for the project I am working on.

Exactly!!!

IMHO too many people approach Blender like some general all encompassing university course.

I think you learn best with an actual project that is requiring you to learn what you need to meet specific objectives for that project. which makes learning that aspect of blender immediately relevant.

I would agree with this only if the user has a general knowledge of the software to begin with. All too often I see absolute newbies try to use Blender, or any software for that matter, to attack a very complex project and end up getting so frustrated that the project is eventually set aside, sometimes for years. I've seen many people try this approach only to either fail to complete a project or produce something "good enough" rather than fulfilling their true vision. Most of the time, people will decide to go back years later, after they've actually achieved more working knowledge of the software, and redo it again with proper technique.

In my opinion, it can save a lot of time and frustration to just learn a software properly before engaging in a complex passion project. You will be more likely to actually complete the project and be proud of the result the first time around.

Of course, there are always exceptions to this. Obviously it has worked out well for you, Wolf, but more times than not I've seen this "learning as you go" process fail the user in the long run and they end up wasting more time because they have to actually learn things in a more traditional way in order to complete objectives properly anyway.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon