Forum: Blender

Subject: Blender 2.93 LTS Has Been Released!

Miss B opened this issue on Jun 04, 2021 ยท 51 posts

wolf359 posted Wed, 09 June 2021 at 5:19 PM

I agree that trying to start a feature length film project when you are new to blender is way pre mature.

However I have noticed that in my Facebook Blender user groups you see total newbies Posting their(very primitive) renders/models every day and asking for project specific help which they get in abundance from the many skilled users in my groups

Yet in certain other "3D character" communities I see people who appear to be only collecting tutorials and engaging in endless theoretical discussion & criticism of Blender year after year, yet they never actually show any examples of any attempts to actually use the program.

Not even the ubiquitous "Doughnut "tutorial

When I ask them directly what are are their objectives in using Blender (modeling,Character animation, VFX etc)

Too often I hear very vague answers such as: "well I heard that blender was suppose to be this great program but all of the gurus in the tutorials use too many keyboard short cuts etc".

IMHO learning any Full 3DCC without a clear creative objective (Immediate or long term) is sort of like attending a university without ever majoring in anything.

My website

YouTube Channel