Forum: Blender

Subject: Blender 2.93 LTS Has Been Released!

Miss B opened this issue on Jun 04, 2021 ยท 51 posts

wolf359 posted Thu, 10 June 2021 at 8:42 PM

" yeah, I think I understand what you are saying. There seems to be a contingency of people who are just looking at Blender as perhaps an alternative "free" render engine and may only be interested in the software for that purpose alone. There appears to be a very high demand for plugins and bridge addons that will port geometry and scenes created in other commercial software to Blender, then Blender would just be used to light and render those scenes. That's perfectly fine to do, of course, but I think people underestimate the rendering aspect of Blender and they may not realize that the render engines in Blender depend heavily on the overall workflow of the software itself. In other words, both Eevee and Cycles are just small parts of a much larger ecosystem within Blender that depend on other areas of the software to work efficiently. Especially in the case of Eevee, the render engine results will depend very deeply on the way the scene is lit and the shaders that are used. Settings in the Eevee setup depend largely on PBR maps and shaders, as well as lighting and volumetrics in order to get the most out of the render engine quality. So there is a rather large learning curve involved with Eevee that I think many >people don't seem to recognize immediately. "

@LUX you have described exactly what I am talking about.

And there is nothing wrong with only wanting to use one or two aspect of the program more than others but as you said ,all of the features of Blender are interconected and there is really no way of slipping one or two fingers outside of your comfort bubble and discreetly accessing one feature of the program while being completely insulated from ever touching the other features.

That said I am a big beleiver in "objective based" learning and the famous Doughtnut scene is a great example of making newbie learn several aspects of the program with the clear objective of creating a specifc scene.

I consider myself primarily a Blender user,(formerly a maxon C4D user

I am all for plugins to import animated figures from other programs Like Iclone/CC3 or even Daz studio. particularly those that auto set up material and shader nodes like the CC3 addon we have for Blender or Diffeomorphic for Daz studio

However I am also fine with standard native exchange formats like FBX,Alembic as well and sorting it all out myself once everything is in Blender.

My website

YouTube Channel