Forum: Blender

Subject: Blender 2.93 LTS Has Been Released!

Miss B opened this issue on Jun 04, 2021 ยท 51 posts

Miss B posted Wed, 07 July 2021 at 10:51 PM

OK folks, I finally installed (set up) Blender 2.93 on my laptop. I will only have 2.79 and 2.93 to play with as I don't think I'll be playing in 3.0 until it's first stable version, and I have to learn the new UI first before that's going to happen.

Anyway, I picked a nice easy tutorial, one I would know how to do in 2.79 without much effort, and getting things done was a bit daunting, mostly because I had the 2.7x Keymap set up in User Preferences, so I could be more familiar with working in 2.93. Unfortunately some things don't work that way, so had to switch back to the Blender Keymap (for the newer versions) in order to follow along with the tutorial. I may have to leave it that way for now.

Soooo, my first question, and this one's important to me . . . in the 2.79 UI, at the bottom there's a way to choose what "layer" you want to work on, and I always place all lights and cameras on the last layer (#20), and work with my project on the first layer (#1). I do that so if I do a large Box selection, I don't have to worry about grabbing something I shouldn't be grabbing. Well 2.93 doesn't seem to have that, and I can't find it in any menus, so does this still exist, or is it gone for good?????

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz