Forum: Poser 12

Subject: I have to ask this every time I reinstall Poser.

MikeMoss opened this issue on Aug 05, 2021 ยท 16 posts

MikeMoss posted Fri, 06 August 2021 at 10:30 AM

Thanks, I've got it set up, and I'll do as suggested and save a backup of my load profile so that I can get to it easy if I need to. I didn't even think of using my Poser 11 start page, which I still have installed along with 12.

I'm 83, my memory isn't what it used to be. I've been using Poser off and on since version 3 which I picked up at Best Buy just out of curiosity.

I used it to make and save little characters of people that I could add to architectural illustrations and restaurant interiors, it saved a lot of time. Now I just use it to do experimental animation, for the most part, since I retired nearly 20 years ago.

I now have a 34" UHD monitor, the only problem with it is that you can't get one that supports 3D stereo. I was really into making stereo videos, and I can't do that anymore. I suppose I could do it if I got a VR headset. I'll have to look into that. I figured out how to do really effective stereo movies in Poser or from video games.

I could only show it to people on my computer because no one had the equipment to view them, so I moved on to high definition.

Thanks again for the help, Poser 12 is kind of like starting over because I had my own way of doing things, and they don't work with 12! I especially miss the Simple Texture feature. I don't know why they removed that, it saved a lot of time.

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?