Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Poser new release Firefly + material room crashes

sergio777 opened this issue on Aug 05, 2021 ยท 39 posts

Y-Phil posted Thu, 12 August 2021 at 5:50 AM

igohigh posted at 5:46AM Thu, 12 August 2021 - #4425067

GGari posted at 6:56PM Wed, 11 August 2021 - #4425003

did what Phil said. Crashes in material room. Eh I guess I'll hope they fix it.

Try this:

1. SLOW DOWN....that is a hard one for me but it truly helps. Do Not make a move until the node(s) fully refresh after making a change.
  2. Close the Preview pane of the nodes - it does not seem to crash nor hang if the Preview is not open. After making your change then click and preview, close it again if you are going to make more changes.

A bit of a pain, slows the workflow down, but I have NOT had a single crash since making these two changes (and I am a FAST clicker and key tapper....)

In French, we're used to say: "Calm down your happiness with the mouse and the keyboard" and indeed: if I'm faster then Poser, but only use "internal actions", such as changing the object selection (by the upper-right buttons or using the hierarchy window): no crash. Yesterday, I've even launched a render before the PoserSurface's preview could refresh itself, no problems.

But if I launch an external script... crash-boom

Which means that I keep my previews dispalyed, so that I know when I can continue without "danger"... ?

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟ Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Poser 13 and soon 14 โค๏ธ