Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dependency Morphs of Conforming Clothing

stachelzelle opened this issue on Aug 16, 2021 ยท 26 posts

primorge posted Tue, 17 August 2021 at 7:04 AM

Again. I don't make clothing. Only a few simple conformers for figures I built myself. Much easier to work with your own figures. A morph that you want to dial in via a rotation requires the rotation as the master, so for example edit dependency of x rotate and slave the morph to the master rotation. But I think you know this. It seems you want to have a JCM in the clothing match a JCM in the figure. Copying the morphs is the easy part. Making the whole thing "superconforming" is more complicated. That's why I posted Nerd's tutorial above. In the tutorial he mentions a value operation add to be hacked into a cr2. The tutorial was written before the dependency editor was implemented in Poser. Such things can now be handled via the value operations tab of the dependency editor. I've only ever needed to use it when a JCM I create requires more than one simultaneous rotation to master a morph. Other than the information I've just given, as I've said I don't make clothing, it seems that this is what you want to do. Sometimes Nerd takes pity on us mere mortals and answers such queries over at the Poser 11 technical forum, very few people seem to want to share their knowledge of such tricks of the trade. It can be very frustrating. It's one of Poser's GLARING shortcomings.