Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Visible seams with EZSkin P12

Kalypso opened this issue on Jul 11, 2021 ยท 26 posts

Cyogreem posted Mon, 23 August 2021 at 5:35 AM

ghostship2 posted at 4:59AM Mon, 23 August 2021 - #4425850

The devs know how important V4/M4 are to the community and said they will still work 100% in Poser going forward. DS is pretty much a closed system that is intended for the user to buy content directly from Daz. Inside DS I don't think other figures work as well or can do the things that the G3/G8 figures do by design . Daz does not want competitors to their little kingdom.

In any case unimesh is needed to move forward with any new figures inside of Poser.

Actually Unimesh is already a part and Integrated into Poser since 2014 nothing new at all just that it has not been used very often. V4 millenium series would not get affected by changing them to unimesh nor simple due the construct of tris ,( meaning rigging individually x,y,z these remain burned into the mesh even if you swap and save as a new skin. ) So there would not be any big change of what already was built in Poser, except that it would save the new mesh as Unimesh standard instead of a Traditional Poser. But now if the plan is to cut the support of simple mesh ( meaning to be united Not cut, based on Weight Map all in one not like Unimesh having to rig each axis individually ) and the Traditional ( Cut Version ) It would cause that Importing a FBX or Collada articulated figure would blow ( Explode in it's polygons after import and trying to use the articulations ) .

From my understanding on how it is mentioned in here it is to limit poser to Unimesh only and removing DEV completely witch sure would result to larger issues then it happen when Python was changed loosig a wide range of possibilities.

There is actually no way to keep FBX compatible and remove DEV on the Interface of Poser. so the communication between other 3D programs would get very limited to its only in Poser built for models just like DS is having with a Import restriction witch does not directly affect the exporting.

Also DEV simple setting were actually the best improvements made in poser after 2014. offering compatibility with most external 3D programs and even with the newest Blender releases!

Poser is actually not in the position to make such a drastic change with just the beginning of "one" La Femme model expecting big success whilst totally cutting external support.

Actually it was my biggest fear that this would ever happen since Bondware took over, compared to the Python changes that would of been just a drop on a hot stone compared to what restrictions might be coming. So I really hope that I am totally wrong with my assumptions and that this conversation is just based on a big misunderstanding due a lack of Information.