Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Render Dpi vs Pixle?

igohigh opened this issue on Sep 10, 2021 ยท 78 posts

igohigh posted Sun, 12 September 2021 at 2:46 PM

Okay all, thank you much. And yes, Rhia474, your samples is pretty much what I am getting (loss of resolution) which when printed out on high quality/special papers does degrade the print. I might also have added above to clarify: When I set out on this project I first created a Blank document in Photoshop and set it to my desired Print dimension in Dpi, Print Size (inches), and noted PS's Pixel dimension. I then set my Poser dimension to those settings and rendered. It was not until I went into Photoshop that I noticed the change. These are my settings *the P12 I just toggled Pixel to Inch to see if they matched my sample document in Photoshop, for in Photoshop if you change any One value it will change another (ie: Print size changes Pixel dimension but not Dpi, Dpi will change Pixel dimension but not Print size).

Just to verify that it is Not a PhotoShop 'thing' I have checked my render (should be 300dpi) in Three different editing apps: PhotoShop, PaintShopPro, and Affinity All are saying the saved render is only 72dpi and the Pixel Dimension is correct but the Print Size has change - SO; Poser is keeping the Pixel Dimension but changing the other other two. @JoEtzold: the Resample function is for PhotoShop (and others) when Resizing an image, it does not effect what the original image is as originally opened in the app. Yes it is a way to figit with resizing but doing so it Manipulates the Dpi/Pixel Dimension of the image (add/remove) in attempt to maintain overall resolution - kind of like the high end apps such as MegaPixel from Topaz Labs (which I don't have....yet)

While waiting for a conclusion on this issue; I do have Poser 11 but I might have to tweak some materials and settings.....I kinda liked how it came out in P12 an was hoping to do some post work before printing but as the Polar Metalic paper is not cheap....I will have to hold off and think this all through RESOLUTION-SETTING-ISSUE.jpg