Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Render Dpi vs Pixle?

igohigh opened this issue on Sep 10, 2021 ยท 78 posts

Y-Phil posted Wed, 15 September 2021 at 2:49 PM

Cyogreem posted at 2:45PM Wed, 15 September 2021 - #4427476

Y-Phil posted at 6:42AM Wed, 15 September 2021 - #4427474

I'm getting more and more confused with all this. For me, a pixel is a pixel, and the DPI are related to the "device" that is going to show/print" it. If someone needs more details, depending on the "final device", then increase the number of pixels of the rendered picture.

you can't Increase the DPI expecting it to be of better quality keeping the actual dimensions of the Image. The Image Dimension will shrink into a tumb nail in a extreme case to keep the quality but the print quality will not get better on your A4 it will just not fill out the paper, or digitally fill your screen without having to Zoom in the high res Render, having again a quality loss.

The picture will shrink on a device that needs more pixels per surface unit, but the pixels itself won't be changed, it's only the way they are interprated and displayed/printed that will be influenced. thus if you need more pixels per surface unit on your output device (screen, printer, video projector or whatever), you will need more pixels, but increasing the DPI information will not be interprated as "Put more data in each pixel": no shrink effect, no expand effect on these data, only on their representation.

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟ Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Poser 13 and soon 14 โค๏ธ