Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Poser 12 Renders

TheAnimaGemini opened this issue on Nov 20, 2020 · 882 posts

lyno posted Sun, 26 September 2021 at 8:39 AM

Y-Phil posted at 4:05 AM Sun, 26 September 2021 - #4428100

Seems like the cause is most likely my PC. (Ryzen7 1700x - GeForce GTX 1070 – Windows10), win and all drivers are up to date. After a reboot P12 rendered all volumes correct again. Maybe one of my other apps is messing with the GeForce driver.

It also could be that the windows updates are messing up something on my PC. After the update before the last one my P11 started to frequently crash. After the last win update P11 runs stable again.

It may be one of the instabilities introduced with Poser12's last iterations (V619)
I mean, I have been working on a scene with "Shades of Vanilla Skye) during 2 days, and for whatever reasons, the third day, Poser12 crashed by simply re-opening the scene, or it crashed while starting the render

For example, while I'm writing this response, Poser12, freshly opened, froze, with an empty scene,at the moment when I tried to close the program using the upper-right cross. I've filed a ticket at the support on Friday.

Actually P12 is running very stable for me, not a single crash so far. I really think the main problem is windows, drivers and other installed stuff. With my P11 most crashes happened when I delete something. But, like said, the crashes stopped with the last windows update.

The only “freezing” problem I have with P12 is when P12 throws some system message, like a not found obj or if the file should be saved, and for some reason the Poser, or only preview window, is put upfront so the message window becomes inaccessible. Sometimes it helps to minimize and maximize the Poser window, but in most cases the only way out I found so far is killing P12 using the task manager.