Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Miki and other older characters

Dave-So opened this issue on Oct 06, 2021 ยท 20 posts

mickmca posted Sun, 10 October 2021 at 3:06 PM

Poser 12 made a bunch of odd changes in the "Legacy" material. One of the most startling is a bit of prudery about the males. When you load James (P6), he comes in castrated. I know, I know, educational market and so force. But a naked person should look like a human. What's really bizarre is that the genital is there, it's just flagged Invisible. I discovered this while trying to find something, anything, to click on. I haven't confirmed yet, but I suspect that Jessi has had her morphs twiddled. I'm going to reload my original P6 Jessi and do a comparison.

The other potentially huge change is the disappearance of the Face Room. I do almost all my native Poser images with either Jessi or the G2 (with a preference for Miki and the old RDNA textures for her). But I never use their default faces which are often (I'm looking at you, Sydney) borderline bizarre. Well, unless you are a morph maven or a Blacksmither, or there is some tool or tweak in the product I haven't found, you are now stuck with the face "out of the box."

To end on a note of positivity, the Manual is now a local HTML file. That's good for getting at info quickly. Since my 3D system is offline for security reasons, it sure beats the 3D equivalent of Steamworks, where you have to be online to use products you have spent bundles on. Unfortunately the new manual format makes printing nearly impossible. I'm hoping for a PDF alternative, preferably formatted for letter-size paper not the postcard pages a previous version slapped on the disk.