Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Will Poser run offline?

JAFO opened this issue on Oct 15, 2021 ยท 25 posts

Y-Phil posted Tue, 19 October 2021 at 1:02 PM Online Now!

Miss B posted at 10:57 AM Tue, 19 October 2021 - #4429108

randym77 posted at 8:32 AM Tue, 19 October 2021 - #4429106

I suspect Bondware likes it because they want to integrate the RMP into Poser. I buy plenty at the RMP, but I sure don't want to do through Poser. I really hate the un-deletable Purchases runtime.The issue for me isn't so much privacy, it's that if for some reason you are not connected to the Internet, Poser stops working. 

You and me both Randy!  I have tried so many times to get it to not show up, but it's impossible.  This to me is a reminder of the old Poser 5 Content tab.  I finally found a way to get that to not show, thanks to someone posting on one of the forums how to do it.  I wish there was as easy a way to get rid of the Purchases (AND DOCUMENTS) folders, because I don't use them, and never will!!

OOOHHH!!  I just opened Poser 12, and there have been changes to my Library, even though I haven't yet updated to the latest version of P12, AND I happen to use the External Library, but Purchases is now an additional Tab named Purchases (like the Content tab we had in Poser 5) and the Library folders are Poser 12, Poser 12 Content, and Downloads.  I don't need, and will never use, the Poser 12 Content and Downloads folders.  I install everything manually, always have, and always will.

~Sheesh~

It's the same for me: I'll NEVER use those automatic downloader/installer routines...
Except for the provided content.

I'm doing the installs my way.

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟ Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Poser 13 and soon 14 โค๏ธ