Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Will Poser run offline?

JAFO opened this issue on Oct 15, 2021 ยท 25 posts

primorge posted Thu, 21 October 2021 at 9:26 AM

Cyogreem posted at 5:14 PM Tue, 19 October 2021 - #4429118

primorge posted at 3:59 PM Tue, 19 October 2021 - #4429116

randym77 posted at 7:09 PM Sat, 16 October 2021 - #4428997

Ugh, I had no idea Ken's scripts had that requirement. I haven't bought any yet, because I'm still mostly using Poser 11. Checking in once in awhile is bad enough, continuous really sucks.

FWIW, English Bob timed it, and found that for Poser 11, it's nine days. That's how long Poser can go without phoning home before it stops working. I assume it's the same for Poser 12.

That's interesting. I had a problem with my laptop's fan, it had Poser 11 on it. It was off, battery drained, and disconnected from the internet for at least 2 weeks. Might have been closer to a month. Anyway, the machine was under warranty. Sent it in and had it repaired, did not wipe the drive. Got it back and turned it on and started Poser, did not require reactivation, started right up.

?

You should call em up and ask what Patch they used LOL.  Might be an app like "Lucky Patcher" that is used for Android to remove these annoying Adds and popups on the installed Play Store apps that can cause your Android to overheat. Such patcher sure can find and fix allot of stuff that is eating up your resources. 
It wasn't a software problem, it was mechanical, accompanied by a horrible grinding noise. The machine was basically brand new, an HP Envy. Faulty fan. They replaced the fan, it's run great ever since. I think I may have exacerbated the problem by running heavily modded Skyrim though.

For diagnostics I use HWINFO64 and SpeedFan, both free diagnostic softwares...