Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Poser 12 Renders

TheAnimaGemini opened this issue on Nov 20, 2020 ยท 882 posts

hornet3d posted Tue, 02 November 2021 at 11:50 PM

RAMWolff posted at 8:55 PM Tue, 2 November 2021 - #4429822

Can you take a screen grab of your environment map set up from the Material Room Hornet?  Looks nice and crisp.  Not sure how many HDRI files I have that actually have an exr file included.  Wish there was a way to generate them from the main HDR files so we could bypass all that rigamarole setting up the Dome.  Such a PITA in Poser!  

I can do a screen grab if you wish but that would not explain why it is set up as it is so it might be better to give you a link to the tutorial I used which is - 

https://www.posersoftware.com/article/536/poser-basics-how-to-use-hdr-lighting

I found it easy to follow and shows how background is set up and why.  The only difficulty I found is that the display of the background is restricted in preview so that it does not fill the preview screen but renders full size.  I used a low sample count to set mine up but you could also use the raytrace preview.

The background works with both .hdr files and .exr the only reason I used the .exr is because I had some nice samples to work with.  I am not sure if I am allowed to link but if you do a search for 'hdrmaps' you should see a site at the top of the listing where they have a number .exr files free to download.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.