Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Wooohoo ,installed windows XP!!

thgeisel opened this issue on Oct 25, 2001 ยท 37 posts

STORM3 posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 6:30 AM

I went to buy Windows 2000 pro this morning, rang the Compustore here in Ireland to order it and guess what they told me.

"Since the introduction of XP all copies of previous operating systems, including 2000 pro, have been removed from stock on Microsoft Ireland's instructions, only XP is now available."

How about that for a stranglehold on the retail market! If you want to upgrade you will HAVE to buy XP and will be FORCED into the authentication system, so what is coming next after XP?

Well I don't like people forcing me along particular routes, so I ordered 2000 pro from the UK (where it is still available from retail outlets despite XP).

On the off chance that someone from Microsoft reads this please pass this on:

"Up yours Bill Gates, we use your stuff because we have to and not because we want to. Many of your customers dislike your company intensely and given a half decent option would consign your products to history."

Looks like Microsoft have learnt nothing from all the court cases and are still intent on the same kinds of practice with the customers being screwed again.

I can see this creating a situation where many honest people with legal copies of XP will start looking to the pirates for authentication process cracks.

Nice one Gatsey, this is going to push lots more people into the warez twilight zone! (Irony, in case anyone thinks I am advocating warez!)

Disgusted with Microsoft
STORM