Forum: Poser 12

Subject: new figures nova and neo - do they have clothes and morphs

estherau opened this issue on Nov 28, 2021 ยท 62 posts

primorge posted Sun, 28 November 2021 at 4:19 PM

I have Nova. Picked it up today.

Very unusual rig on the figure, many extra bones in the limbs and torso and a complex facial rig. Subdivision Unimesh skinned figure that's low medium res at default and loads with 1 level of subdivision. I like her default shapes, particularly her facial/skeletal shape. Cute.

I get a distinct Antonia vibe from the figure.

There's a fair amount of morphs in the body and some decent expressions, I like her default open smile and teeth quite a bit. I think she'd be good for portraits in particular.

The mesh is not water tight so a strike in my book there, but that's subjective nitpicking. There's some pose controllers. Could use alot more morphs of course, not sure yet on the JCM front although she has a fair amount, and the topology isn't terrible. Patch topology at elbows and knees. Stacked UVs. Bends pretty well too, comparatively better than many Poser figures I have. She comes with a small outfit selection. Shirt, pants, shoes, and some fiber mesh hairs. I Look forward to creating some morphs for her, I'd say definitely worth the 10 dollars I paid for her, from a collector's perspective. I see many good things and a few bad, but it's a bit early to render any serious judgement, and I won't go into specifics besides... My criteria for figure's value is probably different than typical... I'll use the figure and tinker with it definitely.