Forum: Poser Python Scripting

Subject: Script that fixes vertex order - testers welcome

odf opened this issue on Dec 06, 2021 ยท 14 posts

odf posted Tue, 07 December 2021 at 5:10 PM

FVerbaas posted at 4:23 PM Tue, 7 December 2021 - #4431434

Just found out myfavorite vertex order mangler (Marvelous Designer loading an existing .obj as a garment) has bettered its ways and now returns objects with verts in the order it received them.  May take a tad longer and a little more pushing before I can try the script.

That sounds so familiar. :smile:

By the way, I forgot to mention that the script does not only fix mangled vertex orders, but can also deal with missing or extra connected components (or loose parts in Blender parlance). Imagine the following scenario:

I export Antonia's head and eyes separately from Poser, then import both into Blender and make the eyes un-selectable so that I can see them while morphing the face but not accidentally deform them. The extra eyebrow geometry bothers me so I delete it. Oops, should have hidden it instead, but now I've already started morphing. Also, I forget to check "selected only" when I export.

Now I have an output mesh with the brows missing but the eyes added to the head. When I try to load that as a morph target, Poser is so confused it can't even. But my applyMorph script happily transfers vertex positions between the matching parts and ignores the rest.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.