Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4/M4 products now?

primorge opened this issue on Jul 19, 2021 ยท 204 posts

ssgbryan posted Thu, 16 December 2021 at 2:05 PM

takezo3001 posted at 3:44 AM Thu, 16 December 2021 - #4431923

I would guess that poser 12 has that same tech available, though V4 still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, mainly because she represents/symbolizes old tech and those still clinging to the long-dead past instead of moving forward, as Le Femme is a step in the right direction, let's just hope people don't become complacent and stop developing for her in favor of just sticking to the inane "if it ain't broke don't fix it" attitude!

My time is valuable - anything I can do to save it, I am going to do it. It isn't clinging to the long-dead past. It is more of a Use the right tool for the job situation. 

If I need ANYTHING outside of pin up, V4/M4 is the way to go - there is more content (by multiple orders of magnitude) than all other post-V4/M4 Poser figures combined. V4/M4 is the lingua franca for Poser - and that isn't changing anytime soon - .  I have via Poser, the ability to add features such as weight mapping, subdivision, body chips, etc to any figure I want to use.  Why limit myself to one that has such little support?

I view Le Femme as a solution in search of a problem.  To be brutal about it - why should I use Le Femme? I own all of blackhearted figures going all the way back the the V3 era, that is all she looks like to me.  What problem does she solve?  The only thing I can see is "bending".  This is an issue if the artist only cares about pin up, with near naked figures.  If I don't do that, why bother?

Le Femme (and to a greater extent) La Homme lack pretty much everything.  There is very little in the way of characters, clothing, etc.  What is available is mostly niche outfits.  Closing in on two years, and neither figure has a basic wardrobe.  That is going to slow down adoption pretty fast.  How many characters are available?  How many are NOT early 20's Caucasians?  Not a lot to work with outside of pin up - which I got tired of about 10 years ago.

I need so much more than LF & LH offer, so my solution is to use everything